For totally new players, it is recommended to host a learn to play event using either the Intro Decks or Starter Decks, in a 1v1 format.
These preconstructed decks are well-balanced, and suitable to pick up and start playing. Explaining & playing a first game in this way would typically last 20 minutes.
While both Intro and Starter Decks contain a pamphlet of rules, the 1v1 format is ideal if an established Lightseekers player can be a friendly opponent and help advise the new player of the mechanics of play as play proceeds. Both players playing “open handed” for a first game can be a neat way to discuss what cards would be good to play, and why. Learning from existing players is both a great way to learn, but an even better way to grow a community of regular players who play and collect together.
Intro packs contain one Storm and one Tech deck, and are ideal for younger players or those new to TCGs.
While covering many major aspects of the game, the cards in these decks are more straightforward – making learning the game easier and more fun.
The starter packs are a great choice for an experienced TCG player looking to learn Lightseekers. Each of the 6 different decks (one for each Order) has a different play-style to suit the player:
- Astral – great for players who like to chain plays together
- Dread – leans heavily on “damage over time” effects
- Mountain – good for “jack-of-all-trades” players who want a balance of strong defence and sustained protection
- Nature – a heal-centric deck, rewarding players who carefully tend to their buff cards
- Storm – great for players who want to play cheap, powerful combos
- Tech – for the aggressive player who wants to pack a bigger punch, and doesn’t mind putting themself in danger to do so